How to apply for the GI Bill and related benefits
皇家棋牌Find out how to apply for the GI Bill and other VA education benefits as a Veteran, service member, or qualified family member.
How do I prepare before starting my application?
- Find out if you’re eligible for VA education benefits
- Gather the documents and information listed below that you’ll need to apply for education benefits.
- See what benefits you’ll get at the school you want to attend.
Use the GI Bill Comparison Tool
Note: To apply for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (also called Chapter 31) or educational and career counseling (also called Chapter 36) benefits and services, you’ll need to use a different application.
What documents and information do I need to apply?
- Social Security number
- Bank account direct deposit information
- Education and military history
- Basic information about the school or training facility you want to attend or are attending now
You can also apply:
Call 888-442-4551, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET, to request that we send the application to you. Fill it out and mail it to the VA regional claims processing office that’s in the same location as your school.
Go to a VA regional office and have a VA employee help you.
Find a VA regional office near you
皇家棋牌Work with your school’s certifying official. This person is usually in the Registrar or Financial Aid office at the school.
With the help of a trained professional
You can work with a trained professional called an accredited representative to get help applying for education benefits.
Get help filing your claim
What happens after I apply?
You can’t make changes to your application, but if you have questions about VA education benefits, please call 888-GI-BILL-1 (888-442-4551), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. ET.
皇家棋牌If we’ve asked you for documents, please upload them through the GI Bill website.